Archive for the ‘Used Stairlifts’ Category
Choosing which stairlift to buy is a big decision which needs much consideration. You want the most reliable stairlift possible, but yet you also want your stair lift to be good value for money.
The debate between buying a new or old stairlift has been going on between stairlift suppliers for a long time now. However, buying a new stairlift is always the safer option and is therefore more likely to give the user complete peace of mind. This is due to the fact that the stairlift will have been designed and manufactured by people that know stairlifts inside out and backwards, whereas a used stairlift might not have even been serviced and tested properly.
Another factor that would make me more relaxed about having a stairlift is the fact that a new stairlift will come with a guarantee which means that if anything goes wrong with it within a certain period of time then I wouldn’t have to fork out more money on trying to fix it. This is the opposite for a used stairlift as a used stairlift will come with minimal guarantee, if any at all.
As well as the above benefits, there are also the following benefits of buying a new stairlift rather than an old one:
- The stair lift will be customised specifically to fit your needs
- The new stairlift won’t have been used by anyone else
- New stairlifts will be professionally installed by the supplier
- New stairlifts are more reliable and less likely to break down than old ones
- Even if the old stairlift has been serviced, the company servicing the stair lift won’t have the in-depth knowledge that the manufacturers have and this could result in the stairlift not being as safe
- More models are available when purchasing a new stairlift
- New stairlifts have more features available to choose from, including a folding up footrest
You are currently browsing the archives for the Used Stairlifts category.